Resources for Moving Abroad
Expat Life Inspiration
Parenthood Around the World – Amazing series of stories from parents comparing experiences raising kids in different cultures
Resources by Country
- Guide for home and property buying in Spain here (via Expatica)
- Become an English language assistant in a Spanish school through a program called Auxiliares de Conversación. It’s fairly easy to get in, you only work part-time, and you get paid a monthly stipend.
- Guide for home and property buying in France here (via Expatica)
- Quick guide for Americans buying property in France here (via FrenchEstateAgents)
- Moving to France guide here (via Expatica)
- The Ultimate Checklist for Moving to France here (via Expatica)
- How to move to France by Transferwise
- Become an English language assistant in a French school through a government program called TAPIF (Teaching Assistant Program in France). Similar to program in Spain, you work 12 hours a week teaching English in schools as a language assistant and you are paid a small monthly stipend.
- Starting a business in France – what is a fond de commerce? More info here! (via Start Business in France)
- Learn more about taking over a small business in France here (via Just Landed)
- Guide for home and property buying in Italy here (via Global Property Guide)
- Buy an Italian village home for 1 Euro guide is here (via CNN)
- Italian towns in Molise will pay you $27,000 to move there here (via CNN)
- Guide for home and property buying in Scotland here (via moneyadviceservice.org.uk)
England & Wales
- Guide for home and property buying in England and Wales here (via your-move.co.uk)
- How to buy the Swedish summer house of your dreams here (via The Local)
- Learn more about the Swedish tradition of owning a summer house here (via Sweden.se)
- How to move to Sweden and become a Swedish citizen here (via Business Insider)
Send me a message!