Good Wednesday morning! A beautiful five bedroom townhouse in the picturesque medieval town of Uzerche, France! Lots of bed and breakfast potential!
This home is immaculately cared for and decorated. It seems so inviting! The small town of Uzerche is a beautiful destination and this historic home is perched amidst it all. It currently has a one bedroom luxury suite that is rented as a B&B with potential to convert another floor to additional rooms. Such a dream!
From the listing on Leggett:
This elegant house right is right in the centre of a beautiful medieval town. The house itself has been tastefully decorated throughout and benefits over three floors from 5 double bedrooms (one with ensuite and kitchenette), 2 further bathrooms, farmhouse style kitchen with walk-in pantry, 2 huge living rooms, a second kitchen-cum-laundry, and a large wine cellar. One of the bedrooms is currently used as a luxury B and B, and there is potential to create a completely separate apartment on the ground floor for rental purposes, if desired. There is top quality oak parquet flooring throughout. But best of all are the beautiful terraces on each floor, so you can have breakfast overlooking the river Vézère, or your evening aperitif gazing over the rooftops towards the spire of the Abbey! There are numerous good restaurants, a boulangerie and various other shops within walking distance. There is also a railway station in Uzerche with direct connections to Paris.
Please note that it is possible to buy a plot with fishing lake and woodland of approx 3 acres, which is situated a 5 minute drive away from the house and is an oasis of peace and calm. It is fully fenced and benefits from a wood cabin with log burner, along with a toolshed.
- Double stone steps leading to double width front door.
- Entrance hall with door down to wine cellar.
- Large double bedroom with ensuite bathroom and kitchenette.
- Huge L-shaped living room.
- Laundry / second kitchen with back door to street.
- WC with handbasin.
Stairs to first floor landing leading to:
- Farmhouse kitchen with stone Belfast sink, built-in fridge and dishwasher, electric oven, induction hob and extractor fan. Door from kitchen to terrace looking towards the river.
- Walk-in pantry with place for American-style fridge/freezer.
- Very large living room with open fireplace and Juliet balcony overlooking the cobbled streets of the town.
- Shower room with WC and handbasin.
- Double bedroom.
- Hallway with numerous storage cupboards.
Stairs to second floor landing leading to:
- Large double bedroom with built-in cupboards along the full width of one wall.
- 2 double bedrooms, one of which has glazed double doors to the top terrace.
- Stunning shower room with mosaic tiled shower, heated towel rail, WC and ultra modern handbasin.
- Door to top terrace with views over the rooftops towards the Abbatiale Saint Pierre.
Loft ladder from top landing to fully insulated loft area.
Heating: Oil-fired central heating and hot water (Viesmann boiler).
Waste water: the house is connected to mains drainage.
Internet: High speed internet available. Fibre optic scheduled for 2021.
Roof: Slate roof in good condition. Guttering replaced in 2019 and roof checked at the same time.