Good Tuesday morning! A lovely, traditional four bedroom village house in the Dordogne!
This house is simple, straightforward, and really pretty. I love that the interior includes a room full of easels and paintings. It looks like someone enjoyed creating art here. The gentle staircase curves are so pretty to look at, a perfect entryway. And likely an unpopular opinion but I adore the all-pink bathroom! It comes with attached garage and barn, all situated on a little over one acre of land.
The property is entered through a single pedestrian gate or a larger gate into the driveway. The front is fully enclosed with attractive wrought iron fencing.
A door at the side of the house leads into the impressive entrance hall (7.4 m2) with built-in storage and a solid-wood staircase.
Off this hallway, the following rooms are accessed:
• an elegant dining-room (18.8 m2) with fireplace, high, traditional skirting-boards, attractive ceiling-rose and wooden cupboards along one wall. Double doors lead into the easily-maintained garden.
• a fourth bedroom or third reception / library / large office (17.9 m2)
• a roomy, cosy living-room with open fire, wood beams, tiled floor and dual aspect windows and separate external door. (26.4 m2)
• a good-sized kitchen, large enough in which to dine as well as cook with tiled floor (17.6 m2). Off this room there is a very useful utility room (8.4 m2) which leads into a large workroom which could be used as a playroom, larger kitchen, workshop or any number of purposes (22 m2); it has a door into the main garage.
• a downstairs bathroom with bath, wc, bidet, whb, and separate shower cubicle (7.5m2)
Upstairs, on the return of the stairs, there is a spacious dressing-room (11.2m2) with access to a very useful storage space, large bathroom with bath and shower attachment and whb (13.5m2), and separate wc (4.8m2).
At the top of the stairs there are three further bedrooms; all are roomy and light-filled. The bedroom at the front of the house (26.4m2) has dual aspect windows and is a particularly delightful, light-filled room. One at the back, with a fireplace and beautiful views of the garden and field, is 19.7m2. The other back bedroom, also with a fireplace, is 17.8m2.
The landing is spacious and the feel of the whole house is one of capacious comfort. All the floors upstairs are wooden.
There is access to a very good-sized attic which could easily be converted into further living space or used as further storage space as it is.
Attached to the kitchen and accessed through the utility is a spacious garage (80m2). It is high enough (3.6m) to store a campervan and still have more storage space.
From the garage there are entrances to two barns. One is 25m2 and the other is 55.5m2. Both could be converted into even further living space, hobby rooms, games rooms or perhaps rental accommodation.
The property is a very spacious family home with lots of potential. Its location gives it the best of country living with access to all amenities within a short drive.